Sunday 30 April 2017

RAFFS HEADS THE TITLE TO ALL WHITES

Precision Notts Senior League
Premier Division
FC CAVALIERS 0 CLIFTON ALL WHITES 1
Att 90
What a day it turned out to be, not Groundhopping but Tram Hopping. Hazel dropped me off at Hucknall Tram Station and I caught the tram as far as Basford and changed to the clifton bound tram as I headed to Wilford Lane, as I was going to Unity FC v Aston United, as I arrived in front of the Roko Centre, I was greeted by one of the Assistant Referees Jevon Swinscoe who informed me the referee had just rung him at 2pm to say the game was off due to Unity FC unable to field a side, I then got the phone call from Unity FC;s secretary, so it was a matter of where should I go, I knew there were two games being played at the Gresham Centre, but I also knew that if Clifton All Whites won away at FC Cavaliers then they would clinch the Premier Division Championship, so there was something on that game.

Me and Jevon caught the tram round to the Forest Recreaton Ground and walked the ten minutes across the Forest to reach the ground, I was greeted by the Cavs Founder Karl White who kindly gave me and match day programme and also donated £5 towards the Blogs Charity, which is MAGGIES CANCER CENTRE at City Hospital Nottingham, so the running total now stands at £491.40p. So a BIG thankyou to Karl.

The game kicked off and Clifton started the brighter, with some attacking moves, but Cavs were tight at the back and also breaking and shooting from distance, so at the half way stage it remained goalless.

The Second Half began and in Clifton;s first attack, they took the lead, when a shot hit the bar and bounced out for NIALL O RAFFERTY to head home(as seen in above photo).

Clifton continued to push for the second goal, but whilst it didnt come, FC Cavaliers kept breaking on the counter attack and with better luck could well have snatch a goal, but though playing well, it was to be Clifton All Whites day and the Championship will be presented next Saturday at their home match against Bilborough Town.

I felt all three officials had good games and I must thank Ref Ian Smith for kindly dropping me back at the tram stop, so I could get back to Hucknall..For those of you that read my blog and enjoy Real Ale, the Station Hotel next to Hucknall Tram Station is now a real ale pub, when I arrived it was full of Portsmouth fans who had been to the Mansfield Town v Portsmouth match.

Photos can be seen on this LINK

No comments:

Post a Comment